The Saunders Family Library welcomes new and returning faculty and students to the 2016-2017 school year. As the song says, “We’ve only just begun,” but it’s never too early to start thinking about how to put your library to work for you.
We have an incredible collection of print, film, and digital resources, and are here to help connect you with what you seek.
To explore resources currently available join the Saunders Family Library Schoology Group:
And if there’s something you need that we don’t have you can request it.
Faculty: Drop a line or just drop by to request titles that might benefit your students, enrich their research, and improve their projects. We also encourage you to request titles of personal or professional interest to you and the faculty community.
Students: Stop by to request titles related to course work and/or independent study, to enhance an honors project, to fill gaps in our collection, or simply (and shockingly) for pleasure reading in your down time.
Recently purchased titles requested by Collegiate faculty and students include:
- Joe Sacco’s striking “illustrated panorama” The Great War for Vlastik Svab.
- The doorstop (read: large, heavy) history Chinese Ceramics: From the Paleolithic Period through the Qing Dynasty and the gorgeous children’s book Wabi Sabi for Mary Arzt.
- How to Make Books for Shayna Cooke’s.
- For Ling Fung-Wu, a selection of texts on the history of the Chicano Movement and a collection of Spanish language films.
- Books on the history of women’s education in the South for the Julia A. William’s Study & Archives Center.
- By Its Cover: Modern American Book Cover Design for a student honors project.
- Various fiction titles for student’s free reading assignments.
Call, e-mail, or just stop by and let us know how we can put the Saunders Family Library to work for you this school year.