Do you like to read on your iPad or your Android device? Do you own a Nook or Kindle? You can now check out ebooks through the Saunders Family Library. Our collection of ebooks work with Windows OS, OS X, iOS, Android OS, Kobo eReaders, and Sony eReaders.
2. You’ll see our wall of books. Pick a book you want to read. Check the wall often. We’re always adding new books. Don’t see anything you want to read? Recommend some books by stopping by the library or emailing saunderslib (at) collegiate-va.org.
2a. If there are a few books you want to read, click the “add to checkout list.”
2b. You can check out three ebooks at a time. You’ll have access to the books for 21 days. If don’t need the book for 21 days, shorten the checkout period by clicking on “my checkout list” and moving the slider to mirror your preferred checkout time.
3. When you’re ready to check out, you’ll be prompted to enter your librarycardID and pin. You will create your library card ID and pin.
Your library card ID must begin with SFL (and SFL must be capitalized). We recommend SFLcollegiateusername and your birth month and day of birth for a pin.
So, my library card ID is SFLmbarker. If I were born January 1, my pin would be 0101.
4. You’ll now be asked for more information regarding the creation of your Blio account (Blio is one app you can use to read ebooks through Axis 360). There are also a few other apps that you’ll find handy. Those apps are explained here.
The email address and password you enter here will be the email address and password you use to sign into the Blio app.
5. Once you’ve created an account, check out the book you want. If the book is checked out to someone else, put it on hold. You’ll be notified when it’s ready for you.
6. Log into the Blio app on your device. The books you’ve selected will download to your device.
7. Start reading.
Those are the basics. Stay tuned for more tips and insights for becoming an ultimate Axis 360 power user.
Please see Allen Chamberlain, Melanie Barker, or Ben Lamb if you have trouble creating an account, downloading the Blio app to your device, or want to request books.